Wednesday, June 17, 2015

She's Going The Distance, Not For Speed

I'm a little late with my blog this week, we had a pretty busy weekend. Friday night we went to Jurassic World in IMAX 3D and it was great! It was entertaining and the 3D was fantastic.


Saturday after my run, we met Kelli, Danny and Roxy at Garner's new dog park. The park is huge and it going to be a great place to bring Sammy to tire him out. 


Saturday night we met up with Jess and Ryan at Mellow Mushroom to celebrate Jess's birthday. Jess brought us a picture she painted of our house, she is so talented! After dinner, Matt and I went to Diary Queen to try the new Jurassic World blizzard, it was really good. 



Sunday I went shopping with Kelli to get a few things for vacation. We went to Kohl's and I got some dresses, long skirts and shirts. After shopping, I went to Joanne Fabrics to use my gift card and get some fabric. My mother-in-law and niece are going to make scarves, headbands, and hair ties when we are on vacation. I've always wanted to learn how to make them and my mother-in-law is very crafty, so she will be teaching me. 


Speaking of crafty, I got a few more things from etsy in the past few weeks. You can click under the picture to go to their etsy store. 

Heavenly Sea
Skywolfcreations
LittleOLove
So, my times and distances were: Monday 3 miles in 40:24 in 91% humidity, Wed 3.5 miles in 50:42 95% humidity and Sat 6 miles in 1:32:16 81% humidity. Yes, I'm getting slower and slower and slower. I was told by Rebecca to not focus on time, but on my distance. It's pretty hard, not to ignore the slower times because I don't feel like I'm improving. I'm definitely frustrated, but I'll try and focus on endurance. 
Monday Tuesday Dodge the Cars Route
Tuesday Dodge the Cars Route
Saturday at Lake Benson
In other exciting news, I choose to be a rep for Bondi Band! I'm pretty excited because I have the opportunity to travel all over the country to racing expos and sell Bondi Band products. I can't wait to work an expo! You can check out their products at BondiBand.com Here are a few of my favorites:


So, that's it! I'm signing off, the pups are exhausted! It's nice that Sammy isn't running around bugging Jager for once! 


Don't forget about Five1Five Signs medal/bib holder giveaway! Winner will be announced on July 7th, so enter here

0 comments :

Post a Comment