Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lazy Marathoner

I'm a few days late on this blog, but I have been crazy lazy. Yeah, lazy. You wouldn't think one training for a marathon would be lazy, but I manage it well. 

Last week, went pretty well. I got my hair done:



I totally wiped out during my 8 miler on Saturday at Shelley Lake:



I also felt that I was stalked by thousands of scary ass geese during my 8 miler:


We had a lovely dinner with the Matheson's on Saturday night:




I got my monthly Stride Box:


We enjoyed a lazy Sunday:


I saw a giant ass spider! Yeah, it doesn't look like much, but it was one of the biggest spiders I have ever seen! It is right between the fourth rung/section of the porch, next to the arm of the rocking chair. EW:


My main concern is my 16 miler on Saturday, another milestone for me. It will be my longest run to date. SIXTEEN MILES! Only nine weeks til my marathon......NINE. Wait, nine? Well, shit. 














5 comments :

  1. You are a rockstar! totally proud to know you, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which marathon are you running? I'm reading Katie's post over at Runs for Cookies, and I'm really jealous of both of you. My baby bump has left me without a run in several months :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. In order to successfully run a first marathon, I think you HAVE to have some lazy mixed in! Sounds to me like you're doing it right...well, except for crashing. Try not to do that anymore. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @stephieG I'm running the Marshall University Marathon in Huntington WV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goal is to be ready to run a 1/2 marathon in 2014. I'm thinking of trying the Bull City Race Fest. Maybe I'll be in marathon shape by 2015.

    ReplyDelete