Monday, November 4, 2013

Last Run Before My First Marathon

Friday was my last run before the Marathon University Marathon on the 10th. Very nerve racking. It is coming up crazy fast.

I'm not going to lie, I DID NOT want to go out to run the day after our anniversary. It took me seventeen minutes to get out of bed and then Matt had to literally close the door in my face to get me to go.

I went to Shelley Lake and I felt heavy and out of shape....what else is new? It also started pouring at mile 2.5, so I was really excited. I decided to just enjoy the scenery and finish the run. When I finished I saw and crane and I tried to take a picture bc I I felt like how the crane looked, but then I got attacked by the bastard bird. He jumped out of nowhere and came at me. I ran away and started to cry (note to my readers, birds are my main fear in life). I saw a grandmother and her grandkids coming my way and I ran by them to get away from the bird. As I ran by, I hear the kids scream and then saw the grandmother kick the bird away. Go, grandma.
















I have two short runs before the big day. We are leaving for WV on Friday and hopefully, I will get to meet Bart Yasso this weekend. I'm also looking forward to meeting a bunch of Loopsters as well. 




1 comment :