Sunday, February 24, 2013

I Don't Think It's Working, But It's OK

 I'm really getting tired of counting calories and points, it is so overwhelming sometimes. I like the idea of it, but it just doesn't fit with my personality. I have a history of eating issues and getting obsessed with points isn't helping.  I'm thinking that Weight Watchers isn't for me, I think I'm just going to relax and focus more on running and training for my three half marathons. I'm just going to watch portions, stay hydrated, limit junk, and add more fruits and veggies to my diet. I'm going to try and not obsess about weight and focus on getting stronger. I'm going to get all my training runs, strength training and stationary bikes sessions in. I'll focus more on food being fuel.

On Saturday night, we hung out with our college friends and had a great time. We had tacos and two desserts. We made a great Oreo pudding dessert and Aurora made her version of the pig Kit Kat cake:


I wish I would've taken a picture of her version of it, bc it was super cute and delicious! 

Our weekly Saturday run was rainy, wet and cold. It was drastically different than last Saturday bc I felt great during and after my last run....this time, not so much! This Saturday's weather was rainy and 36 degrees and I was soaked to the bone. I had to squeeze all the water from my clothes and my hair. I also collected about an inch or two of water in my pockets. I also felt heavy and out of shape bc I got so out of breath. It just wasn't a great run for me, hopefully next week it will be better. 





I have workouts planned daily except for Friday bc Friday is my rest day. This week, I've got two runs, two strength training sessions, and our Saturday long run which will be at five miles. Our first race is April 14th and it's approaching quickly. I want to be strong and ready to run. 

Urgh, and off subject, but I'm catching up on Biggest Loser and I'm not liking Gina at all. She is super annoying. 







1 comment :

  1. You'll be better, faster, stronger...

    LOL! If it makes you feel any better: Out of curiosity (and after hearing my running clothes "thunk" when I dropped 'em to the floor), I weighed my clothes when I took them off and then after they were washed and dried. I had 2.5 pounds of water in them!!! And that's AFTER a 40 min drive home with the heat on full blast. Oh...and didn't include my shoes OR the outer jacket I was wearing.

    ReplyDelete