Sunday, May 1, 2016

Don't Waste Time!

It was a pretty busy and successful week. Everything has been going really well lately and I'm feeling so much better. One thing I was really looking forward to was getting my hair done. I've been seeing Holly for over ten years now and she works at Color Salon in Morrisville. The drive was a total pain, but Holly makes it worth it! She did my roots and then she added the purple, blue and green color in my hair. I love it! I am thinking of cutting my hair and doing another fun color for the summer, but we will see.


On Thursday night, Angie and I went to Raleigh Radiology's Pink party and Dr Tank's open house at her new office in Raleigh called Regenesis MD. Dr. Tank's new office is gorgeous! There was even a champagne dress there! They offer everything you can possibly imagine for you skin: botox, facials, vampire facial, micro-needling, peels, laser hair removal and so much more!  I signed up for the micro-needling because of my scaring on my face. It has always been an insecurity of mine. I think I may even Snapchat or Periscope the appointment so you can see what to expect and the results. 



Saturday morning was a fiasco because we had to take both dogs to their yearly visit. Our appointment was at 7:30am and it takes awhile to get over there because it is in North Raleigh. We got the dogs in the car and we set out. About a mile into the trip, it smelled literally like shit. Jager had shit in the backseat and it smelled god awful. We had no doggie bags, but thankfully, we had a garbage bag. I got it all in the bag and we turned around so we could throw it out at home. The entire time I'm gagging and drying heaving because of the smell. All Matt can say to me is "Calm down, calm down!" I'm like I AM CALM, I just can't stop gagging and throwing up in my mouth! Like I want to hanging my head out the window gagging like a jackass.

We finally got there and the dogs did well. Both need a short bout of antibiotics because Jager's nose has been bothering him and it might be some gingivitis and Sammy has a rash on his stomach that hasn't gone away. They both needed four shots each and Sammy did not like it at all. Jager is accustomed to needles with his diabetes, but Sammy didn't know what was going on. He kept trying to back away. Dr. Brink was awesome and finally got Sammy to relax a bit after giving him a ton of treats-haha! 


I got my two other Kylie Lipkits in the mail on Saturday that I'm super excited to try out this week. I got Koko K and Candy K. They do look pretty similar but Koko K is a nude pink and the Candy K is a warm nude. I read that you should exfoliate your lips before you wear them, so I have been looking up the easiest and quickest way to do that. Any suggestions?  


Saturday was also a gym day and Matt came with me which I love because we don't go together on the weekdays because he isn't nuts like me and doesn't want to get up at 5am. I had been wanting to try the rowing machine, but I think I'm like a lot of people and are afraid of looking like an ass trying to figure out something unfamiliar at the gym. So, I did the rowing machine and I LOVE it! It is a million times better than that damn elliptical. The rowing burns calories much faster in the half the time. I"m in love.


I think the most rewarding thing about the gym is that I can see that I'm getting stronger. I'm increasing the weight on everything except the stupid shoulder press. I started out on 10lbs on my bad knee and now I'm up to 30lbs! I may not feel stronger yet, but I can see it at the gym. I don't think I've lost any weight but I'm feeling 100% better about myself than I did just a month ago. It was really hard to hear that my running days were over and I definitely fell into a deep depression. It felt so silly to me to get so upset about something like running when there are so many other traumatic and horrible things happening in the world, but it hit me hard. With the help of my husband, family, friends and my doctors, I have moved forward and can say that I feel happy. Don't be ashamed to ask for help if you are struggling with anything, even if you think it is silly. You only have one life and you shouldn't waste time feeling anxious and depressed. There are so people that can help you and you deserve to lead a happy and healthy life. 


Don't forget to enter the Medi-Dyne Captain Shield contest. Right now, Medi-Dyne is having a photo contest and the first 100 posts will win Captain SportShield swag AND a SportsShield roll on! The photo contest has you print out Captain SportsShield and post pictures with the hashtag #captainsportshield and #shieldyourself during your activities where chafing can occur. Go to CaptainSportShield.com and enter the contest. You can earn points by posting on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, watching the Captain SportShield cartoon on YouTube and sharing the contest with your friends! One grand prize winner will win a year supply of SportsShield or SportsShield for Her, plus Captain SportsShield commemorative prizes!


0 comments :

Post a Comment