Sunday, April 28, 2013

Turning That Frown Upside Down

This weekend was pretty relaxing and it was nice since we were so busy last weekend. Saturday, I headed out to do seven miles on my own and had a tough run. Rachel couldn't make the run so I ran in my neighborhood and thru Lake Benson Park.



Since I'm working on being more positive, I decided that I would reward myself since I actually got out of bed to run, after a lot of complaining and whining. So, Matt and I headed to Raleigh Runners Outfitters and got fitted for some new running shoes and I love them! I can't wait to try them out tomorrow! 


We also went to Trader Joe's and picked up some great food. Again, I rewarded myself with this amazing find:


Oh, five seconds in the microwave and PERFECTION. So freaking good. I also got a treat in the mail from my parents, which lifted my spirits up as well.


I have to remember that not every run is going to be perfect or a PR. It's just good to get out and get moving. 

I will say that I'm really disappointed about the Tuna Run. I thought I had enough people interested and even excited for it, but it doesn't look like it. I'm super bummed, it looks like a fun time and something I've never would have thought of doing before. I was having fun organizing it. Oh, well, maybe next year! 

Oh! I'm also asking for good vibes to be sent to my brother who is sailing to New Zealand and won't be back til July. Here's to a safe travels! 

So, that is it! Have a great week! 




0 comments :

Post a Comment