Sunday, January 27, 2013

Another Saturday, Another Weigh In

I stepped on the scale on Saturday morning and I was pleasantly surprised that I was down another 1.3lbs and earned my 5lb badge.  So, I lost 6.1lbs in January. Not great, but encouraging. I was so exhausted from working out so much, that I hadn't worked out in four days. I got back on the bike today and lifted some weights for a hour and then napped for two hours! I've decided to do 60 minutes every other day instead of daily. My body isn't bouncing back from workouts like it use to.



I made, with Matt's supervision, two recipes: Weight Watchers Shells (11 point plus) and Weight Watchers Oatmeal Banana Bread (5 point plus).

Here are pictures from the shell recipe:









The shells were good! Very filling, but I would put less oregano in it bc it was super strong!


Here are pictures from the bread:








Bread was decent, but a little dry. My 1 pp butter took care of that though!

It was super icy this past week and we basically stayed in with the dogs.











I have one item to review and that is the Hungry Girl: The Official Survival Guides on two CDs . I got it for about eight bucks on Amazon and I think it was worth it. It had some really great tips and she really isn't annoying to listen to. I will say that I thought she was condescending in some spots and when she mentioned some "bad foods" she made it seems like you were a disgusting person for even wanting fair food or anything considered unhealthy. I'm sorry but a lollipop isn't going take the place of cheesecake on a stick at the state fair. Listen, I'm all about eating healthy, but I'm a firm believer in eating treats every so often.....even if they have fifty grams in it. I'm not saying everyday, but I'm saying everything in moderation. If I want to plan a meal where I eat four pieces of pizza from Pizza Hut, I'm gonna. Most of the time, I plan and get all excited from a cheat meal and then boom! I don't even want it anymore or maybe instead of the four I planned, I'll only eat one or two. I might be full, maybe I don't  even want it, maybe I want a healthier meal or maybe I am actually thinking of all the fat I'm eating. Anyway you want to look at it, it's my choice! My choice is moderation and nothing is considered "bad food", it's just food. If you label it as bad and say that you can't have it....you'll want it! Instead of saying, "I can't have it" say "I don't eat (insert food) much anymore" or "I don't really want that". To me, it makes it seems like MY choice. I don't want to eat it bc I don't really want it, not bc I can't have it. That food becomes forbidden or the Bad Boy, if you will. Whatever we can't have, we want....badly.  

Anyway, that's it for now! Hope everyone has a great week! 

*All opinions in the blog post are my own and I was not in anyway compensated in any way.*







2 comments :

  1. Great job! Those shells look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I completely agree with your last paragraph...I personally don't want to live my life forbidding myself from eating something!!

    ReplyDelete