Sunday, July 30, 2017

Getting In Shape......AGAIN

I haven't blogged in awhile, most because I have been feeling like crap. My thyroid and vitamin levels are out of wack AGAIN and I have been super frustrated and down. The injections I was on to help control my eating disorder was denied by my insurance, even though my doctor wrote UHC a letter stating I needed to be on it. I gained all the weight back that I lost and that is insanely discouraging. UHC blows. I miss my BCBS coverage. I have been struggling, but lately I have been motivated. We are heading out west in September and will be doing some hiking and I really need to work hard get in shape. I need to buckle down and get rid of my excuses.





We have removed all the candy from the house and have replaced it with a lot of high protein snacks plus I have been drinking lots more water. I decided to call upon my friend, Aurora, to help me get in shape. I've know Aurora and her husband since college and we ended up living near each other. Aurora is a certified personal trainer and AFAA Certified Group Fitness Instructor . We met at my house today and she walked me through all my workouts and I'm excited to start. She brought her TRX training kit and I was surprised that I really liked it. I was afraid that I wouldn't like it because I have a very weak upper body, but it actually helps me a lot. It takes a lot of pressure off my knee which is a huge bonus. Aurora set me up with a eight week plan so far and it is totally doable. I feel very motivated and confident after working with her today. She is so supportive and motivating. I'm hoping it with stick.

Amazon.com

I have been getting Hyalgan injections for the past four weeks and have my last one scheduled for Friday. My knee is still swollen but it isn't sliding out or causing my any pain. I'm hoping these injections, strengthening my body and my future weight loss will prevent me from having a knee replacement for at least a few years.

The bag ass needle that gets injected into my knee


I will be writing a separate blog about this, but sadly, we have to put our dog, Jager, of twelve years down in May. We miss him so much, but we know we made the right choice.




So, that's it for now. I'll be updating weekly about my progress. Keep your fingers crossed for me!


0 comments :

Post a Comment