Sunday, March 6, 2016

Don't Forget Your Colonoscopy!

This week was a little hectic. Work was busy, Matt was sick all week and I had a MRI for my knee. This month is Colon Cancer Awareness Month and since I work at a GI office, it's a huge deal. Make sure if you are due for a colonoscopy, set one up with your doctor.  Call your insurance company and find out your benefits. Many insurance companies cover colonoscopies. So, get your colonoscopy, it could save your life! 

I got my MRI and the results, but of course, I don't know what it is going to mean for me until I see my doctor. I have an appointment with him on Tuesday morning, so fingers crossed! 

I finally got my hair finished and I absolutely love the results. I was on Pinterest and found pins on oil slicked hair and I thought it looked really cool. My hair stylist, Holly, at Color Salon did a great job! 






This weekend I was determined to start decluttering and organizing our house. My first room that I started with is our bedroom, mainly the closet. I was able to get most of our room organized and have a few bags of clothes to donate. I'm hoping every weekend to get a room done. 





I have a a week ahead of good eats and hopefully some running, depending on my MRI results. We went shopping and got veggies, fruit, dark chocolate and some kale. I'll be making some tasty kale chips tomorrow after work. My nutrtionist, Shelly, at Rex Nutrition Services suggested I drink protein shakes for breakfast because I get busy in the morning at work, especially when we see patients all morning. I always get busy and forget to eat something and then around 11am, I'm hungry. I eat lunch around 12:30pm, so I don't want to ruin my meal. I think protein shakes are going to be my staple. I'm looking for powder that has about twenty grams of protein and no more than eight grams of sugar. She suggested two brands and I reached out about getting samples. I want to make sure I like the flavor and it's filling. I'll keep you posted! 

Don't forgot to read up on my Unmotivated story on Julie and my Transformation Tuesday story on Peter. I've got another story coming out soon on coming back after surgery. It is going to give you NO EXCUSES to continue your workouts, even while recovering from surgery. I wish I had stuck with simple arm exercises when I had my knee surgeries, it would've made a huge difference! When there is a will, there is a way! 










 

0 comments :

Post a Comment