Sunday, January 3, 2016

You Won't Find Any Resolutions Here

Happy New Year! You won't find any resolutions here, because every year I make myself crazy with them and all of them have to do with losing weight. I'm not doing that this year. I'm not going to stress out about losing weight and just focus on being happier and having fun.

Anyway, the rest of the week was pretty busy for me because I had to work. We still had lots of patients to see and scope before the year ended. Just a friendly reminder, if you are turning fifty this year, it is time for your preventative colonoscopy! You can contact us at Triangle GI and we'd be happy to help you. Make your health a priority this year!

New Year's Eve we met friend's at Edward's Mill Grill (which wasn't very good and super slow service, despite not being busy at 9pm) and then headed to First Night Raleigh. I actually won tickets through an instagram contest through Raleigh.Gov, which was really cool. Downtown was crowded but pretty festive with lots of food trucks and rides. At midnight the acorn dropped (we are the City of Oaks) and the fireworks were set off.



New Year's Day we slept in and watched the Winter Classic and enjoyed some taco dip. We were super lazy. Later that evening, we went to our friend's house and had a fantastic dinner of pork, greens, black eyes peas, potatoes, corn bread and mint brownies. After eating, we played a few games including "Are You Normal?" and "Pictionary". 


On Saturday, the Not So Normal Ambassadors went to different Fleet Feet locations to promote the race and run a raffle for a free race entry. It was a lot of fun. Matt, Julie, Angie and I have already signed up for the marathon relay. The swag is really awesome for these races, you have got to check it out! 100% of the proceeds go to local charities which is fantastic!  Please consider running this fun race by signing up here! 


Matt and I totally binged on Making of a Murderer. What a freaking cluster! If you have Netflix, stop what you are doing and watch it now. Matt and I stayed up til 3:30am one night watching this true crime documentary. You say you don't have time to watch? Trust me, you will make time. This story will make your blood boil. 




I also want to give a shout out to my godfather to ran his first 5K on New Year's Day. He has worked hard and has lost over a hundred pounds in less than a years time. We are all super proud of him! 


Next week's blog I'll finally be able to reveal some pretty exciting news! I'm really looking forward to 2016!


0 comments :

Post a Comment