Thursday, December 31, 2015

Our Haught Christmas

Even though on Christmas it was almost eighty degrees, it was wonderful. Mom, Dad, Derek and Denise all stayed with us and we had a great time celebrating. I did have to work on Christmas Eve, but came home about a hour and a half before dinner was served. We had corned beef, spare ribs, ham, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, homemade bread, amazing bacon rolls and lots of pies.

After dinner, we headed to the Lights on the Neuse hayride and then headed back to the house to exchange our ugly ornaments and enjoy some dessert and alcohol. 


We had a great night playing games, watching Paw Parol, eating and drinking. 


Christmas Day was fun filled as always. We opened lots of thoughtful gifts, ate breakfast and lounged around all day. We watched a few Christmas movies, including Mom's favorite Scrooged, and Elf. 


The next morning, Denise and my parents went out to breakfast and went shopping. I got some calendars, sweaters, and some new boots. I've been dying for boots for years and I finally got some because they were 60% off! I got a brown and black pair. I apparently need skinny jeans and leggings now, according to my fashionista friends, Kelly and Julie. 

After we napped and Denise, Derek and I painted a bit. It was a interesting thing for me to do because I can't remember the last time I painted. Luckily, it was a paint by numbers, so it wasn't too hard for me. It was surprisingly relaxing. After painting, we got ready and my parents took us all out to an amazing dinner at the Angus Barn. The food was fantastic and enjoyed talking and laughing together. 


So, Christmas was a wonderful time with friends and family. I hope you all had a fantastic holiday as well. I'm looking forward to a fun New Years Eve, make sure you all stay safe. Happy New Year! 


0 comments :

Post a Comment