Sunday, January 10, 2016

Some Exciting News

This week wasn't a very good one for me, for some reason I was in a HORRIBLE mood all week, I just couldn't wait for it to be over. I was pretty excited on Friday morning because my PT finally told me I could run! I'm training for the Not So Normal Half Relay in April. I haven't ran a step since the NYC marathon, but I have lost about twelve to fifteen pounds, which is nice. So, I set out on Saturday, but not without a few minor issues. First, off I dreamt that morning that I died so, that was kinda weird. I did die somewhat heroically though, I drowned trying to save a baby who wanted a ball under the water....yeah, any dream interpreters out there? I got up and somehow put on my Enell sports bra inside out. Yeah, I hooked all the little hooks all the way up to the top and saw the tag the mirror. I headed to one of my favorite places to run, Shelley Lake, and somehow got lost. I guess I was thinking of other things, I have no idea, but I actually had to pull over and GPS it. When, I finally got there, I got off to a decent start and felt no pain at all. I went slow and worked my form mostly. I was more than half way done when I passed two girls walking and I overheard them say, "Look, Katie, even girls her size can run, so you should definitely be able to do it.



Oh, Katie's friend....you are so lucky I let that I go and that was only because I wanted to reach my under thirty minute goal. I thought about blogging about it or periscoping the incident, but you know what? It isn't worth it. Some people are just that stupid and I have to deal with it. On a positive note, my first mile was 14:57 and my second mile was 13:48 for a total of 28:54 for 2.01 miles. I'm off to a pretty good start!


Saturday night, Matt and I FINALLY saw Star Wars! I'm not a fanatic or anything, but I do love Star Wars. I didn't think the movie was very original, but I did enjoy it and I loved the new characters. Don't worry, no spoilers here!


So, my exciting news is that along with being an ambassador for the Not So Normal Weekend in 2016, I was also picked to be an ambassador for Medi-Dyne and Enell Sports Bras! I'm super thrilled to be a part of these great companies! Medi-Dyne gave me a 20% discount code for all my followers: AJH20, so make sure you take advantage of that this year! Enell is holding a Out Of The Old contest and you could win a free Enell Sports Bra! 


So, that's it for now! I've got a busy week ahead because I have a few appointments and such, but I'm hoping to get in at least two runs and of course, working on PT. 

Have a great week! 



0 comments :

Post a Comment