Friday, January 2, 2015

I Have A Confession

Oh, running gods, I have sinned. It has been SIXTY-ONE days since my last run. Yeah, remember the Manchester Marathon half? That was my last run. I'm not injured. I'm not tired. I haven't been anything except lazy and unmotivated. Oh, and I HATE the cold. Hate, hate, double hate the cold.

Thankfully, I've got some motivation thanks to my friends. I'm so over sitting on my couch watching TV, although add a heated blanket and I can guarantee that I'll be back on that couch-haha!


I've been getting excited to get back to running and yoga for a few reasons. First, I want to get back to focusing on my 5K time and get stronger, especially my upper body. I also want to work on my core, so I ordered an exercise ball. I have the DVD that I got from Olympian KD Robinson and I'm excited to see results from it.


Second, every week I write in my Believe journal and this week it is just sad. I have been pretty much tallying my steps and that's all I've got. Oh, wait and I have been eating. I love tracking so, I need more than "ate too much".


Third, my friends and I started a running group. We decided that we'd do a themed 5K every month at a different location around our area. I'm really excited to meet and enjoy some time outside and with people who love (and hate) to run! If you are interested and live in the Raleigh area, email me at jen@haught.org.


Fourth, I ordered some awesome running clothes from Janji and they don't fit. Well, let me rephrase that; they fit, but they look AWFUL on me. I've got lumps, bumps and folds of skin and that doesn't make me feel confident AT ALL. They are super cute clothes, so I will fit in them and feel amazing in the next couple months, as all of you are my witnesses. I think I will take progress pictures every week, but I don't think I have the guts to post them anytime soon.


So, my first run in sixty-two day will be tomorrow. Wish me luck! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment