Monday, February 4, 2013

Three Crowns Are Better Than One

Ok, so I have been going back and forth about getting back into running and two things today sealed the deal.

1) Runner's World came in the mail today


2) Matt Long took a few minutes to chat with me about it. Matt Long is one of my heroes bc he got crushed by a bus in NYC and had a 5% chance of living. He came back after three years of surgeries and rehabilitation to run the NYC Marathon. He also is an Iron Man, the story is truly inspiring. I know, I'm a total dork, but man, I'm excited that he took the time to give me some advice! Here is part of our conversation:


So, I think I'm going for the Raleigh Triple Crown. Basically, it's three half marathons in three months (April, May and June) and you get three individual medals, plus a kick ass crown one. Unfortunately, they don't actually give you crowns to wear. I was really disappointed by this, but the medals will have to do. 

So, my race schedule is:

April 14th- Run Raleigh Half 

May 19th- NCRC Half 


The NCRC website is NOT Jen friendly, bc I don't even see anything about this race anywhere. I sent an email to the race director just to confirm it's the correct website.

I'm looking forward to whining and complaining how tired and sore I am while training, so stay tuned! 






1 comment :

  1. Good luck with your training! I know you will kick these 3 half marathons asses :)

    ReplyDelete