Saturday, August 25, 2012

Oreos, Cheetos, and Captain Crunch



www.amazon.com/On-Eating-Susie-Orbac h/dp/0141007516/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid =1345950577&sr=8-1&keywords=on+eating

My therapist recommend this book and this strategy. I bought three things that I would never buy and have in our house: Captain Crunch, Oreos, and Cheetos. Even as I put them in our shopping cart, I broke out in a sweat. I felt so anxious and full out fear. I was thinking this is a BAD, BAD idea. I can never have these foods in our house without bingeing. 

Shockingly, I haven't binged and normally I'd be all in it and all these items would be gone by last night. I've had two servings of Captain Crunch, 4 Oreos and 1 serving of Cheetos. At first I felt so uneasy about having the foods in the house and now that they are here......I'm like......whatever. I can have or not. The power that these bad foods is slowly fading as each hour goes by. 

Focusing on when I'm hungry, eating what satisfies me and stopping when full is just something I never thought would work for me. Stress eating is NOT working.

Fingers crossed. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment