Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Running

I'm thinking about doing another race in the fall, but it's a tough decision. I'm tired of people saying that I shouldn't do it bc of my knee (I've had two knee surgeries, but I have been cleared to run)....ok, not everyone. My husband doesn't want me to long distances anymore but I HATE short distances. I don't feel comfortable until I reach about five miles. I would love to do a race that I train for properly. Eating right, lifting, stretching, getting in all my runs no matter what.

I don't think my husband is right about my knee, but if he was to say bc I'm lazy, I would have to agree. I have a love/hate relationship with running. I love the idea of it but when it comes to actually doing it.....yeah, I don't like that. I hate that feeling when you start your run and you feel all out of breath and fat. I like it later when I've been running for at least 30 mins and I'm comfortable. Starting is a bitch. I would rather lay on the couch and read about running, than start a run.

I wish I had consistence and dedication. I could use my knee as an excuse, but it's really just me. I'm lazy, I don't like sweating and if I'm not good at something, than I don't want to do it. I think that is really funny, since truly I'm not good at anything...well, except maybe eating. HAHA! I don't have a special talent or anything like that. I'm good at eating, reading gossip magazines and complaining.

Maybe I'll give it another shot....or maybe I'm opening this US Weekly.


0 comments :

Post a Comment