Monday, April 7, 2014

Sunny CA Trip: Part Two

So, our trip continues with Alcatraz. I will say that it was A LOT more interesting than I thought it would be. We did a walking audio tour and it was fascinating. I can't wait to read more on it. After Alcatraz, we ate at Fisherman's Wharf and walked around.


































After taking a quick nap, we headed out to the Hurricanes vs San Jose shark game. It was our last game of the trip and we finally won!  It was a great time because I got to meet up with my favorite hockey player, Bret Hedican. I even got to go up to the booth and take some pictures. He was super nice. I really appreciated him taking the time to take pictures and talk with us for a bit. 






The next day, Matt and I got up and drove to Napa Valley and it was great....from what I remember. We had great intentions to visit a few vineyards, but someone may have drank too much and we had to leave after he second one. I'll let you guess who it was. The first winery we went to to V. Sattui, it was pretty and the wine was good, but my favorite one was Beringer Winery. It was beautiful and we took a tour that included going in the underground tunnels. It was all very cool and the wine was fantastic.

















Our trip ended the following day. We headed to the airport and had a layover in Salt Lake City and we saw amazing snow covered mountains. 



We had such a jam packed fun trip, but we were glad to get home. I was excited to pick up our pups from the kennels and drink all the wine we ordered. 



















0 comments :

Post a Comment