Sunday, November 4, 2012

Healthy Eating

Well, I read Cholesterol Down: Ten Simple Steps to Lower Your Cholesterol in Four Weeks--Without Prescription Drugs and I'm following the recommendations. I have lost about 4.5lbs and I feel pretty good. I'm not going to lie and tell you it's easy....helllllllllllll no. I'm still struggling getting used to eating healthy without gagging, the plain oatmeal and beans are a killer. It's a big change for me and it's tough. Reality has set in and yes, I have crazy high cholesterol, crazy high LDL and now I'm pre diabetic. I HAVE to do something about it before I have a freaking heart attack. No thirty three year old should be dealing with this bullshit. So, to avoid going on meds, I have to change my diet and keeping working out. I'm avoiding candy, eggs and lowering my cheese intake.

We celebrated our anniversary this weekend at the Melting Pot and it was pretty good. It is crazy expensive and probably not worth the price, but was fun and different.

0 comments :

Post a Comment