Wednesday, April 18, 2012

In the summer, when I was younger, we spent a lot of time at our family's lake house at Winnipesaukee in NH. Some of my favorite memories are from summers there when I was a kid: hanging with my cousins, going to the boardwalk, buying crappy 80's jewelry at the $1.00 jewelry store, laying out on our dock, floating on black inner tubes,playing skee ball, winning those green and red tickets.....just to name a few.

I had a few great aunts who would stay the summer up there and would spoil us. They would slip us money for the arcade or take us to get ice cream. They were the coolest aunts ever.What I loved the most was that in the evenings they would get together on the back porch and drink tea and when I got older, I joined them. It was so fun to drink and talk up with them. I felt so grown up. They would tell me stories from when they were young, chat and laugh. 

Now that I'm all grown up, I make my own tea, eat my Lorna Doones and remember those great times with my great aunts. I have very fond memories of those wonderful ladies and our family lake house, some of the best memories growing up. 


0 comments :

Post a Comment