Tuesday, March 27, 2012

 I had my first allergy shot today. It's a bit more complicated than I thought it would be and the fact that I hate needles....yeah, a little overwhelming. I got two vials, Vial "A" for airborne and Vial "M" for molds. I got a shot in each batwing and then she started going over how I had to do this on my own. I was ok (well, maybe not ok, but not freaking out) until she started talking about hitting veins, aspirating and shit. WTF?! I think I'll stick to my stomach area so I don't have to worry about that cluster. Aspirating totally creeps me out.

After I got my shot, she told me that I have to make sure that I have my Epi-pen on me for three hours in case of a reaction. This is for EVERY shot, not just this one, but all the ones in the future. I'll be getting these shots three times a week.
 
 This better be worth it, because there is some math involved as well. I don't like math and I don't like needles.
   
Stupid allergies.

0 comments :

Post a Comment