Tuesday, August 9, 2016

One Week Gluten Free

I have been officially gluten free for a week and I gotta say, I hasn't been as bad as I thought it was going to be. It definitely has had it's moments, but thank goodness my mocha frappe is gluten free. I've tried a few gluten free products and recipes and most have been great. Matt has been a huge help trying to find stuff that I can eat. The recipes I have tried are:


OK, the coconut bars were shit. I pretty much scrape off the coconut and eat the chocolate. Plus they were a total pain in the ass to make.


The taco bake was really good and I would definitely have it again. Matt says it was easy to make, so that's plus. I'm looking forward to leftovers this week. 



The Chex Scotchereroos were kinda a pain to make too, but they are really good and filling. I didn't add the butterscotch bc I don't like butterscotch, but it was good and I'll (well, ok , Matt) will probably make it again. 

I also tried Dominos gluten free pizza and it was really good. The cons are that they are only ten inches and costs approximately  $10.49 and in my opinion you have to order double cheese, and they are obviously smaller pieces. The pros are that it was delicious and I really enjoyed it! 

Image: www.sogoodblog.com
I also tried Wow Chocolate Chip Cookies that I found at Target thanks to a suggestion for a my friend, Danielle. They were different for sure, but they were good. They were soft and chewy.


We tried gluten free spaghetti and it was so good, I'm definitely a big fan! Matt did a great job and I gobbled it in seconds! 



I did really great this week, and I'm not going to lie I wasn't excepting to do so well. I definitely feel better, but I noticed two issues. Now I am taking Saxenda shots daily and I think those issues are coming from the shots. Hopefully they will go away soon. The issues I'm having are insomnia, nausea, and headaches. They are not horrible enough to stop the medications, but definitely annoying. I was in bed most of the day today in the dark.


Unfortunately, I haven't been to the gym since Sunday, so I've got to get on that this week. I think I was little distracted since I was dealing with the whole gluten free deal. I'm thinking about trying a yoga class from at Rex Wellness and see if I like it. 

My lipsticks were a lot of fun this weekend, but I definitely have a LONG way to go before I perfect any eye makeup. I LOVED every color this week. I was especially surprised with a brand I haven't tried yet call Rimmel. It truly stayed on while I was eating messy wings! Super impressed! 

Remmel:  Kiss Fatal 

KylieCosmectics: Kristen

ColourPop in Beeper

ColourPop in Clueless

I've have some more looks and swatches this week from ColourPop Tie Dye collection and FrontRow Cosmetics lipsticks and glosses on my Instragram (JenHaught) and on my blog next week.


I also went to FrontRow Cosmetics shop this weekend and it is so cozy and inviting! Go check them out but be careful where you park, because I got a damn parking ticket! 

Address: 14 Glenwood Ave #25, Raleigh, NC 27603
Hours
Sunday10AM–3PM
Monday10AM–7PM
Tuesday10AM–7PM
Wednesday10AM–7PM
Thursday10AM–7PM
Friday10AM–7PM
Saturday10AM–7PM


The Rio Olympics are finally here and I'm loving it! I love watching track and field, the marathon, gymnastics, swimming...pretty much everything! It is so fun cheering on Team USA! I have been following a lot of them on Snapchat and it is really cool to see the behind the scenes and their experiences! Good luck to all our athletes! 

Image: en.wikipedia.org

Finally, I tried to end my blog with some pictures of Jager and Sammy because they are adorable!




0 comments :

Post a Comment