Sunday, November 15, 2015

Non Running Weekend

It has been a pretty stressful week, so I was so happy when Friday came around. I got off work early and Matt and I took the dogs to Lake Benson and it was so nice out. The dogs loved it and were definitely tired out afterwards. 


I got some fun gifts from friends for running NYC, it was very thoughtful of them. Denise got me an awesome print and Melissa got me a funny shirt. Thanks so much, I love them! 


On Saturday, we went to our friend's daughter's 3rd birthday. It was Paw Patrol themed, which was super cute. Julie made bone shaped PB&J's, paw print cupcakes and had the food in dog bowls. Very creative. The birthday girl was thrilled with her loot! 


I've got two exciting things to tell you all about. One, I'm an ambassador for the Not So Normal Run and I want YOU to run it too! Why should you? Here are just a few reasons: 

  1. The Not So Normal weekend benefits local non-profits. 100% of proceeds go to fund these projects
  2. The full marathon is USATF certified and a Boston Qualifier! If you BQ, you will run free forever! 
  3. The marathoners, half marathoners, and relay finishers receive an awesome recovery jacket, medal and sport nutritionist approved recovery food and drink.
  4. The Not So Normal Run will be Orange County NC's FIRST marathon!
  5. The 5K goes through the streets of Pittsboro and kids under under six are FREE!

So, pick a race and plan a fun weekend (April 2-3rd 2015) with family and friends! You can register here!

My second bit of exciting news is that I'm planning some pretty sweet holiday giveaways. I love promoting etsy shops, local shops around NC, and some of my favorite things, so I have contacted a bunch of them and you are in for some pretty awesome prizes! If anyone knows anyone that would like to be included in the giveaway, let me know. Anything running and/or fitness related is welcomed! 

Lastly, I'm horrified by the events that unfolded in Paris. It is truly heartbreaking that people do these horrible acts to others. Peace for Paris.

Illustration by @jean_jullien

1 comment :

  1. Excited for your holiday giveaways and I'm also saddened by the Paris events. It just will never ever make any sense to me. :-(

    ReplyDelete