Sunday, July 26, 2015

This Batman Battles Spiders With a Broom


Well, sound the trumpets! I finally did a strength training session! I worked out for twenty minutes, with the help of Sammy, and my arms were feeling it through the following day.  My goal this week is to do the arm routine twice this week.


My four miles on Tuesday started out per usual, meaning me battling that damn spider and his web with a broom. I had A pretty decent three miles, but then the last mile was tough because my leg starting hurting again. My calves have been really tight as well, so I'm remember to wear during work on my running days. I've also been trying to use The Stick without crawling into a ball in pain. After my run, I rang out my BondiBand and it made an impressive sweat stain on my driveway. Gross, right?  


On Thursday, I ran in a a new neighborhood for me and I nearly jumped out of my skin when I ran by someone's house and there very loud AC kicked it and I swear it sounded like someone was running up right behind me. That incident was the first time I ever thought about carrying a a can of mace. After that, I decided to listen to music on Songza and put it on "80's Training Montage". I was in leotard and leg warmer heaven. The first song that came on was "I Need A Hero" by Bonnie Taylor, man, what a freaking great song. I ran to songs from the Top Gun soundtrack, the Rocky soundtrack and Chariots of Fire song. It was awesome.   


Saturday was my first double digit run for NYC and I had to get up at 5:05am to eat my Uncrustable and drink some water. Our running group, "Just Add Running" was meeting at 8am for our Superhero 5K at Joyner Park, so I was hoping to get at least five miles out of the way before I met up with them. The park was awesome, I had no idea where I was going, so I just ran around wherever I wanted. Sure, I circled the same spot three times, but it was really nice out there. Plus for the first time in a LONG time the temp was under seventy degrees. Granted the humidity was 98%, but it was still great. I met up with Melissa at 8am and thankfully I was half way done my run. Running with Melissa (whose superhero get up was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) was awesome. I ran a lot more than I usually do and Melissa had a great attitude. She is training for a six mile Turkey Trot. It was really nice to have someone to chat with for a few miles.


When I came home I saw this bastard on my door and couldn't get it. I was afraid if I opened the door it would crawl inside my house and then it would end up in my bed (it could happen).  So, I called up Matt, woke him up, and made him kill it. Matt was a good sport about it, but it did mention that he used to play with these spiders and throw them on people. WTF. Yeah, my inner Batman doesn't include killing scary spiders.  


I finally finished Nancy Clark's Food Guide for Marathoners and learned a lot. I've been struggling with my weight for awhile and I haven't found a good nutritionist here who runs. Every time I go to a nutritionist they don't quite get the the whole running thing, especially training for half marathons or marathons. Even though it's a total pain in the ass, but I think counting calories might me the way to go. I either eat too much or too little and I feel the effects of both. I'm also going to be more mindful of snacking, I probably should write down the things I eat. 

                                                                  amazon.com

This week is Sammy's last class at puppy school. He didn't do that well last class, he refused to do anything but sit and stay. We are still working on come and leave it....well, leave it as in leave Jager alone. Sammy was twenty two pounds when we got him in April and now he is fifty two pounds, he is growing so fast! 


0 comments :

Post a Comment