Monday, July 20, 2015

Hills Kinda Suck

Even though my left leg to the right of my shin is bothering me, I had a pretty good training week. I tried two new routes and really enjoyed one and hated another. I'm not even going to discuss the heat and humidity because everyone knows it sucks.

Tuesday I headed out for four miles and took a new route where I didn't really need to dodge cars and wasn't super hilly. I did the four in 55:09 and felt pretty good.


Thursday's three mile run was a bit dramatic because there was a giant spider and a giant spider web on my porch right where I go down the stairs. The spider was REALLY big and I was all paranoid that it was going to jump on me and attack me....because that could happen. The spider was still there when I came back even after I texted Matt to get rid of it. Shockingly, he wasn't up and didn't get the spider. So I had to pretty much crawl up the right side of my stairs to avoid a possible attack. My run was pretty tough because my leg was really bothering me so that is why I cut the run short to three. The hill pictured below is right at the end of my run and I loathe it. I bet it doesn't look bad to you, but I struggle up it all the time. I feel like I'm running in quick sand. 


Saturday was my long run, so I headed to Shelley Lake for my nine miles. I felt pretty good and I actually really enjoy running there. It was pretty uneventful, and not a lot of leg pain or chafing. The picture is yet another hill that I loathe. Tell me that isn't a f'ing monster. It literally drains every ounce of energy I have left going up it, whether I walk or run it.


This week my best friend and her son came in for a long weekend and we had a great time. We took her son to the new Fuquay Varina splash pad. It was pretty cool and he had a great time running back and forth from the splash pad to the playground.


Denise's son bonded with our dog, Jager. He was so sweet to him and took care of him all weekend.


We had a pretty fun weekend relaxing, watching movies and eating fun food. We also had a cookout to get our friends together and enjoyed some pretty amazing burgers made by Matt and a delicious dessert Denise made called Dirt. It was pudding, whipped cream, cream cheese, milk and Oreo's. 

So, that's about it. I'm planning on eight miles this week and I swear I'm going to start my arm exercises twice a week. It hardly takes anytime and I'm just being lazy about it. I also really need to foam roll because I really think it might help my leg. 


So, that's it! NYC is in one hundred and three days! Who else is running NYC? How's your training?

0 comments :

Post a Comment