Sunday, October 12, 2014

Feel The Burn....Out

This week I didn't run at all. Running and I had a trail separation because I'm burnt out. If I heard anything about running this past week, I was going to lose it. Urgh. I didn't want to read about running, I didn't want to see pictures of running and I didn't walk to talk about running. Considering I'm a blogger for the Manchester City Marathon, you can imagine how difficult it was.

So, what did I do this week? I slept a lot, I was really exhausted. I fell asleep twice before 8:30pm. I caught up on some TV shows, I read and I relaxed. Instead of running eleven miles this weekend, I brought Guinness to his gum surgery, we went to the Carolina Hurricanes opening night, had my makeup professionally done with Julie and went to see Phantom of the Opera at DPAC. Do I feel guilty about skipping my run? Yes and no. I know that my mind really needed a break from it, but I'm also aware my race is in three weeks. The good news is that I'm feeling 100% better and I'm all about running. I'm excited to get out there, especially since it is a lot cooler. Plus, my race is in THREE WEEKS! I'm really looking forward to getting out and racing again, it has been a tough year since my DNF last November in WV.

Guinness's surgery went well. We decided to run his tissue for a biopsy at the vet's suggestion because it spread into his teeth this time. She actually had to remove two teeth this time. Hopefully, we will hear about that later this week. Kelli and Danny were nice enough to stay with the dogs on Friday so we could go to the hockey game. Thanks, Kelli and Danny!


Opening night for the Hurricanes is always so full of promise because everyone has clean slate. The game was awful......so awful. We lost 5-3 to the New York Islanders. On the plus side our seats were awesome and you know, hockey is back! Whoo hoo!




Saturday, Julie and I met with Melissa a professional make up artist from Front Row Cosmetics. Melissa was fantastic! I learned so much and we looked great for our night out. What a difference in the before and after pictures, I couldn't get over how different I looked!



Julie, Moseley, Jess, Ryan, Matt and I got tickets to the Phantom of the Opera at DPAC and I for one for so excited. Phantom of the Opera has been my absolute favorite since elementary school. It was fantastic, it was very hard for me not to sing along-haha!



I got two very thoughtful gifts in the mail this week from Julie and Jess and a wreath from my mother in law. I love them! 


So, this week's interview on Wednesday is with Amby Burfoot. I bought his book and it came in the mail the other day, I'm anxious to read it! 


Have a great week, everyone! Three weeks to Manchester City Half Marathon! Crazy! 

Wednesday's interview is with Amby Burfoot, so make sure you check it out! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment