Friday, January 11, 2013

CIMT

My day started out with panic bc I was almost to Clayton and realized I had almost no gas in my jeep. As many know, I don't pump gas. The only other time I pumped gas, I got it all over myself....that was in 1996. I stunk like gasoline all thru Thanksgiving break. Awesome. Luckily, I made it to work (barely) and Kelli filled my tank.

Anyway, I was in Clayton today to finally get my CIMT (Carotid Intima-Media Thickness) done. It will show if I have blocked arteries. Given my family history, high cholesterol, weight etc, it was probably a good idea. It was basically like an ultrasound but on my neck. It took about 10 minutes, if not less. I should get the results in a week or two. 

I had a pretty busy day, but I planned ahead this time. I sucked it up and got my water and tea from endo's water cooler. I ate breakfast, and had a lunch I looked forward to. It was a combo if my baked ziti, chicken and peas.

We went to the grocery store and stocked up on healthy foods and recipe ingredients for the week. My plan is to make Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Chipotle's Barbacoa Beef Recipe, Weight Watchers Frozen Butterfingers Pie and Oatmeal Banana Bread Recipe this week. 

After shopping, Matt made my favorite potato cheese soup, I had 2 cups topped with cheese and it was 12 points. It was so good! 

Alright, off to relax! Here's to a great weekend! 




0 comments :

Post a Comment